Wednesday 26 November 2014

Where are they now? - Callum Evans-Rooney, Graphic Communication 2014

Guest blog post written by Callum Evans-Rooney, Callum studied Graphic Communication A Level, completing in 2014. 
 
I did the Graphic Communication endorsement.  I felt that this would be an interesting course, with the opportunity to learn new skills. 

After leaving TRC and achieving the required UCAS points, I went to Sheffield Hallam University.  I felt that this would be the best option in terms of achieving a good job and career. I am studying Business and ICT.  This is because I know that this is a strong area for employment, with many graduate jobs following the course.
The 6 modules are:
Information Systems
Introduction to ICT
Entrepreneurial Theory and Practise 1
Information Analysis
Understanding Organisations
Managing and Understanding Customers

Studying Graphic Communication at TRC allowed me to explore marketing and how products are designed with the clients, customers and target markets in mind.  Graphic Communication has also helped me to structure and organize time better, as at TRC I had to complete work each week so I didn’t fall behind.  The written essay also helped me to improve my report writing and referencing skills, which is crucial to achieving the best marks at university.
When I graduate from university, I would like to work within a business environment, maybe as a business analyst.  Graphic Communication has enabled me to be more creative and explore further options and push myself further.  

All of my work is on Microsoft Excel and Visio.  There is also a lot of group work involved and theory in work books.  I am not actually ‘making’ any work.

Whilst at university, I am a student rep, where I meet regularly with the tutors in order to convey ideas, thoughts and feelings from the rest of my group.  Graphic communication has enabled me to develop better evaluation skills, allowing me to reflect on what is going well, and what requires improvement.  Furthermore, In Entrepreneurial Theory and Practice, I will undertake an enterprise project with my university group later in the year. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment