Thursday 5 September 2019

Where Are They Now? | Evie Atton


See below a guest post by ex Fine Art and Photography student Evie Atton, who studied here 2014 - 2016 and has recently graduated with a first class honours in Fine Art at the University of Lincoln! Well done Evie! 

Within my time at Thomas Rotherham College I studied Fine Art, Photography and Geography before transitioning straight into university life. I chose the University of Lincoln due to its contemporary and modern outlook within the arts, from exhibition curation to catalogue design, the course provides understanding to professionalise your practice.



Art and photography at TRC helped me find my technique and style as I felt there was no boundaries, I was just pushed to create ANYTHING. I went from a traditional painting/drawing mindset to exploring other possibilities within installation and sculpture. With my already-made portfolios evidencing tons of different types of techniques, materials and ideas I was ready for my university interviews.



I have just graduated with a First-Class Honours after completing 3 years of Fine Art, within these years I have experienced catalogue design, solo and group exhibition curation, arts management, funding proposals and much more alongside building and creating my artworks.



My ideal goal is to become an art therapist/teacher for children with disabilities, so the next step is to apply for a PGCE (teaching course). Currently beside my art commissions, I am involving myself within art residencies, which are usually community run exhibitions to gain further experience before hopefully setting up my own business.






Images are from my most recent exhibition ‘PIE N EARS’. The piece ‘Sensorium’

is an immersive space that influences a participant to become more aware of their senses; focusing on individuality, first person experience and perception.

No comments:

Post a Comment